May 26, 2020
Canada’s drug markets have been dramatically impacted by the national and provincial Covid-19 policy changes. This Stimulus Connect brought together key people to discuss the Canadian dark web, Canadian drug checking results and key information from Substance Use Experts. Following those speakers we took questions live from the Stimulus Connect participants. It was free to register.
Stimulus Connect is not just another webinar, it is an opportunity for Canadian stakeholders in harm reduction and drug policy to come together, learn and network on specific topics. This Stimulus Connect will have simultaneous French/English interpretation using the closed captioning feature.
New additions mentioned in the Stimulus Connect:
- Drug market survey: Perspectives from PWUD on the illicit drug market during COVID19. Survey Brief and Drug Market PP Connect 2
- DNM’s Buyer Bible
- Selling Drugs on Darkweb Cryptomarkets – Differentiated Pathways, Risks and Rewards
- The Meth Booklet by ANKORS
- Report On Resistance Part One: Stimulant Contamination from the Coalition of Peers Dismantling the Drug War
- ANKORS Manual: Drug Checking at Music Festivals
- BC/Yukon Association of Drug War Survivors on Twitter @bcyadws
In preparation we gathered a few resources, documents and media articles that you may be find helpful.
- EMCDDA SPECIAL REPORT -COVID-19 and drugs Drug supply via darknet markets
- COVID-19 and the drug supply chain: from production and trafficking to use (UNODC, 2020)
- The Vancouver Island Drug Checking Project Quarter 1 Report: Key Indicators for 1 January – 31 March, 2020 is now available. Full report can be found on our website: http://substance.uvic.ca
- New website: Drug Checking BC
- Drug Analysis Service provides on a monthly basis, the raw, anonymous data on samples analyzed and quantified for each province and territory. Please find the data for the month of April, 2020. To receive this report regularly please connect with firstname.lastname@example.org
- StreetRx: latest street prices for illicit and prescription drugs
- Adulterants, Contaminants and Co-occurring Substances in Drugs on the Illegal Market in Canada (CCENDU Bulletin), 2020
- CCENDU Alert: Changes Related to COVID-19 in the Illegal Drug Supply and Access to Services, and Resulting Health Harms
- Get your Drugs Tested via mail or in person
- What Lockdown? World’s Cocaine Traffickers Sniff at Movement Restrictions, May 20, 2020
- Illicit drug supply potentially more dangerous amid COVID-19 pandemic, May 16, 2020
- Growing concern over potency of street drugs due to pandemic, May 13, 2020
- Growing Coca, Poppy May Be Latin Americans’ Economic Safety Net Amid Pandemic (Filter, May 12, 2020)
- Spike in overdose deaths could be tied to changing drug supply chain, May 11, 2020
- Inside the Strange World of Psychoactive Drugs, May 5, 2020
- Gangs forced to change tactics in response to closed borders and COVID-19 impacts, April 24, 2020
- Special Report: Peruvian coca farmers to Paris pushers, coronavirus upends global narcotics trade, April 22, 2020
- Coronavirus pandemic is causing pandemonium in global illicit drug trade, April 19, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact Shay, Stimulus Program Coordinator.